Saturday 11 September 2010

SKABOUR FESTIVAL FOLKESTONE






Yo,
What can i say about the weekend, well sunday really as that was the only day i was there.

It was a great day for me to actually put faces to people that i've been linking with on the forum for some time.
I felt honoured to be amongst some of the 'big players' on the forum and who are well revered on the circuit.
In no particular order i was meet by Steve Rice, Sir Marcus and Big Phil and the POJ posse.We all enjoyed the odd cuppa and of course the odd pint (remember i don't drink before 6pm ).........well that went out the window didn't it ? hahahahahahaha

No, seriously it was a great day and i can honestly say that as the 1st event (that i'm aware of) down Folkestone then they should be very proud of what was achieved. I'm certainly looking forward to being invited to next years event.
Mind you i do agree with Marcus about how many times differant bands can cover the same tune and they should get together before the event and discuss there playlist.
Having said that the same could be said for the Dj's.

BIG RESPECT to Phil E for holding it down and making sure everything went well and the promoters would do well to let him organise the vinyl side of the show next year, a true brick and did endless work behind the scenes that i fear went by and large unnoticed by the vast majority.......Bless Up Phil.

BIG RESPECT to Steve Rice who welcomed me like a brother (as did all the others btw) and after a walk about and a little reasoning we took to the stage as though we had played together for years. It was a complete pleasure to go one for one after our warm up sets and after i 'ribbed' Steve with a little dubious 'free style toasting' he punished me severley with a wicked Dennis Alcapone dub plate.......nice one Steve but i hoped i leveled the terms with my 'Coronation St' hahahahaha pmsl at that.(Watch this space as i feel another one for one is on it's way)
Bless Up Steve
Oh btw i actually saw him 'Rice' a tune in front of my very eyes

BIG RESPECT to Sir Marcus who in my humble opinion can Mc any of my sets forever!!
He was a true proffesional......which in my book .... he knows when to chat and when not to. He certainly put the icing on the cake for our set as far as i'm concerned and as a tribute, or as Steve said 'brown noser' hahahahah I kicked off my 1st set with Bush War!!
Looking forward to linking up with you again Marcus.
Bless Up Marcus.

BIG RESPECT to the POJ crew who i enjoyed a nice cuppa ( sounds like an old boys re-union) and of course the odd pint hahahahahaha. Big up to Paul and the 'lads' who amongst all the others made my friends very welcome.
I did have to laugh at one point when the POJ crew and Ricey and me were listening to Big Phils set over a cuppa and we were trying to 'spot the tune' hahahaha.
Bless Up POJ (and if you want a guest selector at Chambers then just give me the nod)

BIG RESPECT to my 'key spar' PJ aka as Nephew P and his mrs Sharon aka Sista Shaz for giving up there time to bring me the 140 miles from Felixstowe to Folkestone. I love them both dearly and they celebrated their 1st year of marital bliss on the 9-9-10.
Bless Up PJ and Sharon

BIG RESPECT to another 'key spar' Bob Brooks and his lady Jen. We were supposed to be playing together but as the the days running order was being changed quicker than an 'old brasses condoms' he gave up his slot so that me and Ricey could do our thing.
They took me back to Jen's to stay and i was treated like royalty and then Bob brought me home and we enjoyed a nice 'Ruby Murray' before he headed of back.
I shouldn't really mention that before i left the house that Bob filled my arms with about 30+ tunes ..........pure niceness and a box set of rare groove soul and funk as well as a the box set of Top Deck!!!
Bless Up Bob Brooks and Jen............yuh large ..........seen.

BIG RESPECT to all massive and crew who made this event work and to all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes........respect and
Bless Up Yourselves

BIG RESPECT to all the people who attended and made this the event that it was and i hope you all enjoyed it. We need more of these events country wide and they need to be supported as much as possible by as many as possible.

Bless up
Fee

Oh and btw as i was asked a few times the pic in my mails is Black Harmony Sound UK and runs at 30kw............available for occasions for a lot of money hahahahahha

No comments: